A landing page is a page you want people to land on so you can make a specific sales pitch to match their interests. You can have separate landing pages that target organic search results, PPC, and social media campaigns, but it’s better to target your landing pages for specific interests, then you can optimize those landing pages for each of your marketing campaigns.
Here are 6 ways you can design better landing pages for your online marketing:
- Enhance the Functionality – You want your page visitors to be able to use the page seamlessly. If there are interactive elements, make them easy to use. Layout the page so that it is easy to follow, navigate, or scroll through.
- Include a Strong Call to Action – You will make more sells if you tell the visitor what you want them to do. If it’s subscribe to your newsletter, make that obvious. If it’s buy something, they need to know as quickly as possible that you’re trying to close a sale. Finish with a strong statement that commands your visitor to take the desired action.
- Create Eye-catching Graphics – Get your site visitor’s attention with the right graphics. This includes the use of the right fonts and text sizes.
- Keep it Simple – Take out all the bells and whistles. If you try to get too fancy, you could end up watering down your sales pitch.
- Make a Tightly-focused Sales Pitch – Set a desired end goal – only one – and make everything on the page move your reader to that desired course of action. If anything on the page doesn’t work to drive your site visitor to the desired action, remove it.
- Take Out Anything Unnecessary – Links, graphics, and anything else that takes away from the overall message of your landing page should be taken out. Everything must work toward the end goal. Keep it focused on the end goal and end with a strong call to action.