So you’ve discovered Twitter. Good for you! It’s fun, isn’t it?
One of the biggest questions that many people have about Twitter is, how can I build value in 140 characters or less? Well, I’ve discovered 15 ways you can build value with every Twitter message. Are you ready? Here goes:
- Use short URLs. There are plenty of services you can use for your short URLs. Pick one.
- Keep your message short (less than 100 characters works best).
- Keyword optimize your Twitter messages. Many people track messages based on keywords.
- Leave room for a hashtag.
- If possible, use your hashtag within your message (example: Ever wonder how many #marketers is takes to screw in a lightbulb?).
- Use more than one hashtag if they apply.
- Make your message as impactful as a newspaper headline. It will get more clicks.
- Don’t tweet too often. Keep your tweets spread out.
- Keep your tweets on topic. You’re trying to become an expert in a narrow niche.
- Tweet and retweet your favorite Twitter users. Use Twitter for building relationships.
- Use @mention whenever you have a specific user in mind.
- Don’t tweet useless or frivolous messages.
- Don’t tweet the same things you Like on Facebook or share on LinkedIn.
- Only tweet one link at a time.
- Manage your tweets with an app like Seesmic Desktop or Tweetdeck.
Keep these tips in mind when using Twitter. Build value in 140 characters or less.