Online marketing is getting more and more complicated every day. You have more channels for marketing your message, products, and services than you’ve ever had in your life, but which ones are the most important?
When it comes to marketing online, here are a few of the channels you have at your disposal right now, today.
- Google+ (still in beta, by invitation only)
- Your blog
- The search engines – Bing and Google organic listings
- Pay per click ads
- Article directories (yes, they still work)
- Knol pages
- Guest blogging
- Etsy, if you are a crafter
- Niche directories
- YellowPages.com, Yelp, and other online city directories
- Google Places and Bing Maps
- iPhone apps
- Mobile websites
This is just the tip of the iceberg, and as the World Wide Web grows bigger, there will be more channels popping up all the time. But which ones are important?
The really important online marketing channels are the ones that provide you with the best opportunities to reach your target market. That’s why it is infinitely more important to know your customer than to know the Web. If you know your customer, you’ll know where she hangs out. That’s your most important marketing channel – even if it’s the local bar and grill.