Optimizing your social media content isn’t hard. In most cases, you can do it as you create the content. Here are 5 really simple and easy-to-implement ways to ensure your social media content is always optimized.
- Include key terms in your profiles – Your social media profiles are very important. Prospects will look at these to determine who you are and what you do. Make sure you use the key terms that you want to be found for in the search engines.
- Optimize each social media post – When you write your content for Facebook, Twitter, etc., make sure each post is optimized around a single key term associated with your niche. You don’t have to go out of your way to ensure every post is strictly optimized. Also use the time to build relationships, but if you never optimize your posts, then you are missing opportunities.
- Use images liberally – Add images to your blog posts and make sure they are optimized. When people share your content on the social media sites, most of the sites will draw images from your page content. Posts with images get read more often.
- Include sharing icons – Put social sharing buttons on your web pages and blog posts. This encourages your site visitors to share your content on their social media profiles.
- Join Google+ – I can’t stress this enough. Google+ is the wave of the future. If you want your content to be found on Google, you will almost ensure that it is searchable if you have a Google+ account and you log into it every day.
Today, you can’t separate social media and search engine optimization. They go together like an old married couple.