E-mail marketing is still one of the most effective marketing strategies online. It is even more effective if you marry your e-mail marketing with your social media marketing and drive new traffic to your newsletter landing page. Today I will share 5 ways you can make your e-mail marketing more effective using social media, and vice-versa.
- Drive traffic to your newsletter opt-in page with your social media accounts. You can do this a number of ways. One very effective way is to offer a free download or other perk for opting in to your subscriber list. Promote that offer on all your social networks with a link.
- Invite your newsletter readers to share your newsletter content on their social networks by providing social media share buttons in your newsletter.
- Post a link on your social networks to notify your social subscribers when you have published a new issue of your newsletter.
- Build a Facebook page and a Google+ brand page for your newsletter and include opt-in forms on those pages.
- Post snippets of your newsletter content on your social media streams and link back to your newsletter page.
There are many more ways to make your e-mail marketing more effective using social media. These are just a few. But you can also make your social media marketing more effective through your e-mail newsletter and other e-mail marketing efforts.