After you develop your website and you’re ready to set it to live and go into business, how do you promote it? I’ve identified up to 12 ways you can promote your new website and drive traffic to your landing pages to get new business.
- Search engine optimization – The search engines will always be a good source of traffic for your website.
- Pay-per-click marketing – Through paid clicks you can drive targeted traffic to your website right now.
- Online press release – Distribute a press release through one of the many online press release distribution websites.
- Social media - There are several social media websites you can promote your website through.
- Directories – Directories can sometimes still be good sources of traffic.
- Niche websites and blogs - Write guest blog posts or get a link from a relevant website within your niche.
- Videos – Post videos to YouTube and other video sharing websites.
- Photo sharing – Photobucket, Flickr, and other photo sharing sites are great for new traffic.
- Television and radio – Include your website address in your TV and radio ads.
- Brochures & flyers – Pass out flyers and brochures to your clients when they come into your store or place of business.
- Business cards – Your web address is on your business card, right?
- Google Places – Google Places and other local directory websites are the perfect place for small local businesses like yours.
There are plenty of ways to promote your website. Just remember the goal is to drive targeted traffic to your site and convert it to sales.